– Added to the Events page: “The European Union and Us” seminar, organized by the Fouad Chehab Foundation on July 5, 2019, at the Phoenicia Hotel, Beirut.
– Added to the Events page: The “Russia and Us” seminar organized by the Fouad Chehab Foundation on June 11, 2019, at the Phoenicia Hotel, Beirut.
– The foundation’s Facebook page has been reactivated: We invite you to visit it, Like it, like the posts, share and comment!
– Added to the section Publication: The chapter from Amine Maalouf’s new book “Le Naufrage des Civilisations” dedicated to the crisis of 1958, and the role and wisdom of President Chéhab during this period and the following years of his presidency.
– Added to the videos section a rare video of President Camille Chamoun decorating Army Commander Fouad Chehab during a military parade – You Tube direct link).
– 22 April: A Commemorative Mass was held in Ghazir for the 46th anniversary of President Chehab’s departure, followed by the laying of wreaths of flowers on his grave.
– Added to the In the Press section 3 articles: By ambassador Gebran Soufan (Annahar, May 19, 2018); by Izzat Safi (Al Hayat, July 23, 2018); and by Claude Assaf (L’Orient-Le-Jour, September 23, 2018).
– Added the list of the members of the foundation’s new administrative committee elected in November 2018, duly registered at the Ministry of Interior.
– Added to the videos section a rare video on President Fouad Chehab funeral (April 28, 1973) – You Tube direct link).
– 27 November: The general assembly of the Fouad Chehab Foundation elected a new administrative committee for the coming 3 years. The 11 members are as follows:
Charles Rizk (President), Adel Hamiyeh (Vice-President), Fares Maacaron (Secretary), Raphael Debbaneh (Treasurer), Abed El Rahman Al Mawla Al Solh (Representative of the foundation before the Government), Najib Boulos, Gen. Antoun Saad, Riad Chedid, Hady Nassif, Mohamad Rashed Hamadeh and Nael El Assaad.
– The new design for the website is completed and launched in the 3 languages.
– 27 July: Added to the ‘In the Press‘ section:
Article by Stephane Malsagne on President Fouad Chehab’s reforms achievements from 1958 onward – L’Orient-Le-Jour, July 27, 2018.
– 17 July: The Chargé d’Affaires at the Saudia Arabia embassy in Beirut pays a visit to the ‘Fouad Chehab Museum’ in Jounieh: Annahar – Al Mustakbal – National News Agency.
– A new publication, the translation of Bassem El Jisr’s book ‘Fouad Chehab’, was published by the Fouad Chehab Foundation in English.
– Work starts for a complete new design of the website.
Added to ‘In The Press’:
– Article on President Chehab, selected among Lebanon’s most prominent historical personalities (Addiyar – 24 December 2017).
– Article on President Chehab and his mandate – IN ENGLISH – (The Daily Star – 4 April 2014).
– 21 November: On the occasion of The Independence Day, MP Naamtallah Abi Nasr, representing President Michel Aoun, deposited a wreath of flowers on President Chehab’s grave in Ghazir, in the presence of General Sayed Chawwah, representing the Commander of the Army, General Joseph Aoun, the president of the Fouad Chehab Foundation, Dr. Charles Rizk, along with other members from the foundation, members from the municipal committee, and members from President Chehab’s family – Photo 1 – Photo 2 .
– Added to ‘In The Press’: An article by Emile Khoury in Annahar newspaper (19 October 2017)
– 16 October – Former President of the Republic Michel Suleiman visits the Fouad Chehab Museum in Jounieh: Report and photos – An Nahar – Al Liwaa’
– 26 September – Egyptian Ambassador to Lebanon Nazih al-Najjari visits the Fouad Chehab Museum in Jounieh, where he was welcomed by the President of the Fouad Chehab Foundation Charles Rizk and members of the administrative committe: Al-Nashra – An Nahar – Al Ahram
– Added a video on what Kamal Joumblatt said about President Fouad Chehab as a person, and about his collaboration with him during Chehab’s Presidential Mandate. (Excerpt from the K Joumblatt documentary ‘Kamal Joumblatt, the witness and the martyr’ 2015 – You Tube direct link).
– 22 May: A new administrative committee headed by Dr Charles Rizk was elected for 3 years.
– Added to ‘In The Press’:
. Radio program by the Foundation’s member Michel Maaiki on the 44th anniversary of President Chehab’s death (‘Voice of Lebanon’ – 25 April 2017).
. Al Asala, April 2017 issue: Article by René Habachi from ‘Les Conférences du Cénacle Libanais’ – April 1961.
. Al Asala, April 2015 issue: Article by Monseigneur Antoine Kortbawi from ‘Al Chiraah’ – May 1964.
– 30 April: A Commemorative Mass was held in Ghazir on the 44th anniversary of President Chehab’s departure, followed by the laying of wreaths of flowers on his grave.
– Added two videos to the section ‘Videos’: A report on President Chehab (You Tube direct link), and a report on the famous Summit held with Gamal Abdel Nasser in 1959 at the Lebanese-Syrian border, under a tent (You Tube direct link).
– Added to ‘In The Press’: An article by Me Hyam Mallat in the French ‘Historia’ magazine (Special issue on Lebanon, December 2016)
– 6 December – Patriarch Bechara Al Rahi visits the new Fouad Chehab Museum and offers His Blessings: Addiyar – Annahar 1 – NourNews – Annahar 2 – El Nashra – IMLebanon
– Added to ‘In The Press’: An article by Samir Al Tannir in Assafir newspaper (5 November 2016)
– Two additions to the section ‘In The Press’: A valuable article on the IRFED Mission by Gibrayel Hannah Younes in Assafir newspaper (18 June 2016) and an article by Raquel Atayek on President Chehab and the newly inaugurated Museum in Al Joumhuriah and LebanonFiles (26 September 2016)
– Added to the section ‘In The Press’: Editorial by Talal Salman in Assafir newspaper (24 October2016)
– 4 October: Honoring Fouad Boutros: “Fouad Boutros’s Chehabism” – Event – Photo Gallery
– Added to the section ‘Videos’: A documentary on Minister Fouad Boutros – You Tube direct link
– Added to the section ‘In The Press’: Article by Amine Uwaida in Al Bayan weekly magazine (1 August 2016)
– 24 April: A Commemorative Mass was held in Ghazir on the anniversary of President Chehab’s departure, followed by the laying of a wreath of flowers on his grave.
– Letter from French President General Charles De Gaulle (French) – 16 June 1964
– Handwritten testament (Arabic) – March 1964
– Original constitutional oath document (Arabic) – 23 September 1958
– Letter from the US Ambassador Armin Meyer to the State Department in Washington pressing it to strengthen its interferences in Lebanon (English) – 8 July 1964
In the Press
– Maurice Duverger met President Chehab few days before his death (French) – L’Orient-le-Jour, 24 April 1973
– Report in the Assayyad weekly, four months before Chehab’s death (Includes a virtual interview by Elias Rababi) – 17 December 1972
– Talk by President Hussein Husseini on the occasion of the release of ‘Fouad Chehab’s Republic’ book – 25 November 2008
– The Videos pages: Include tributes, portraits on NBN and LBC and rich testimonies from Fouad Boutros
– Added to the Publications page, the book ‘Between a Monk and an Emir’, by Father Yacoub Skayyem, published by Kaslik, 2015, Arabic
– Added to the Publications page, the book ‘Le Journal du Père Lebret – 1959-1964’, by Stéphane Malsagne – October 2014, in French.
– Updated the Lebanese Army 70th Anniversary event with the photo gallery of the event.
– On the occasion of the Lebanese Army’s 70th Anniversary, President Chehab was honored with the unveiling of his statue at the Military Academy which holds his name: Event
– Added to the section ‘In The Press’: Article by Ghassan Jawad in Al Jumhuriah newspaper (31 July 2015), and speech by Ziad Hayek at the USJ University (23 October 2013).
– The ‘Fouad Chehab 2015 Cup’ equestrian competition was held on 7 June 2015: Report & Photos – Al Nahar – Assafir – L’Orient Le Jour – Sport-Leb
– Additions to Gallery 1 with photos of the house where President Chehab was born in Ghazir, and the one where he grew up in Jounieh.
– 19 November: On the occasion of The Independence Day, a conference on Chehabism took place at the Issam Fares Center, Sin El Fil. Speakers: H.E. Charles Rizk, President of the Fouad Chehab Foundation, Shafic Moharram, Dr Nawaf Kabbara. Report on the conference – Media coverage – Video.
– On the occasion of the Lebanese Army’s National Day (1st August), a delegation of high ranking officers representing the Commander of the Army, General Jean Kahwaji, deposited a wreath of flowers on President Chehab’s grave in Ghazir – Al Anwar – Al Diyar.
– Added to In the Press: An article by Daoud Sayegh – Al Nahar, 26 June 2014.
– Added to In the Press: An article by Jad Abou Jaoude – Tayyar.org, 8 June 2014.
– The ‘Fouad Chehab 2014 Cup’ equestrian competition was held on 1 June 2014: Report & Photos – Al Nahar – Al Anwar – Assafir – L’Orient Le Jour
– Added to In the Press: An article by Abel Rahman Abdel Mawla Al Solh – Al Hayat, 28 May 2014.
– 27 April: A Commemorative Mass was held in Ghazir on the anniversary of President Chehab’s departure, followed by the laying of wreaths of flowers on his grave.
– 5 April: The 1st NATIONAL CONFERENCE “Chehabism: A State for the Citizen”, was held at the Central College, Jounieh: Event – Photo gallery.
– Updated the Foundation page with the new administrative committee.
– Added to In the Press : Talk by French historian Stéphane Malsagne “De Gaulle-Fouad Chehab: Entre affinité et usage politique d’une comparaison“ during a colloque organized by the Charles de Gaulle Foundation at the French Sénat in Paris – 24 January 2014
Added to Documents:
– A testimony by President Chehab on General de Gaulle, as per a request from the Charles de Gaulle Institute in France – July 1972
– Open letter by the ex-Ambassador of Venezuela Miguel Hadgialy Divo asking for President Chehab to be granted the military grade of Maréchal – January 1966.
– On the occasion of the Lebanese Army’s National Day (1st August), a delegation of high ranked officers representing the Commander of the Army, General Jean Kahwaji, deposited a wreath of flowers on President Chehab’s grave in Ghazir.
– 23 April: On President Chehab departure’s 40th Anniversary, a commemorative event was held at the USJ Human Sciences Campus, Beirut – The Event – The Photo Gallery.
– 21 April: Commemorative mass in Ghazir on the anniversary of President Chehab’s departure, and laying of wreaths of flowers on his grave.
– The In the Press page is updated with an article by Ziad Hayek – Al Jamhouriya, 12 April 2013.
– The Foundation page is updated with the names of new members to the Foundation.
– The Foundation page is updated with the yearly event of granting prizes for outstanding students in the Lebanese Baccalaureate.
– Gallery 2, Gallery 3 and Gallery 4 are updated with additional photos from the Presidential Mandate period.
– Gallery 1 is updated with photos of General Chehab with President Bechara El Khoury, and from the Malikiyya battle in 1948 in Palestine.
– Added to the In the presse page: an article by professor Antoine Seif – Annahar – 13 January 2013.
– Added to the Publications page, two new books: ‘Chehabism – A School of Visionary Modernisation’ by Me Toufik Kfoury, and ‘I am One of Yours – President Elias Sarkis’ a pictorial biography on President Sarkis.
– Added to the videos page video excerpts from a 2010 Future TV episode on President Chehab, with testimonies from General Jean Nassif, Emir Abdallah Chehab and others.
– Added to the Foundation page: Names of new members.
– Included 4 new books with downloadable excerpts in the Publications page : ‘Needs and Possibilities of Development in Lebanon’ (1960-61, The IRFED preliminary study); ‘The Chehabism Philosophy’ (1964, Fadel Saeed Akl); ‘Beirut and its Planners’ (2011, Eric Verdeil) and ‘The Civil State-The Experience of Fouad Chehab in Lebanon’ (2011, Nada Hassan Fayyad).
– Updated the Foundation page with the 2012 ‘Fouad Chehab Cup’ equestrian competition held on 22 May 2012.
– Added to the In the Press page, an article by Ghassan Tuéni in Annahar on the occasion of the Independence Day 1962.
– Added a new page and a new photo gallery about the event organised by the Fouad Chehab Foundation on 24 April 2012 at the UNESCO Palace, Beirut, on the occasion of President Chehab’s memorial day.
– Updated the Foundation page with the 2012 laying of a wreath of flowers on the grave of President Chehab on the memory of his death, following a mass held in Ghazir on Sunday 22 April 2012.
– Updated the Foundation page with the annual prizes ceremony for outstanding students in the 2011 Lebanese baccalaureate held on 20 March 2012, and the 2011 ‘Fouad Chehab Cup’ equestrian competition held on 5 June 2011.
– Added to the Documents page: a handwritten letter by President Chehab to his former presidential adviser the Intendant Jean Lay – 4 January 1973
– 21 November 2011, Independence Day: The French version of the website is launched – L’Orient-le-Jour
– 21 November 2011, Independence Day, a wreath of flowers is offered at his grave:
Photo 1 – Photo 2 – Photo 3 – Photo 4
– Added to the Publications page: Two books in French, “Fouad Chéhab 1902-1973 Une Figure Oubliée de l’Histoire Libanaise” by Stéphane Malsagne and the French version of “Mémoires” by Fouad Boutros.
– Added to the Foundation page: Names of new members.
– Added to the In the Press page: Various articles from the Assayad weekly of 3 May 1973, after President Chehab’s death: Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3
– Added to the Documents page: Document signed by 41 Lebanese officers during World War II, taking a common pledge to work only under the Lebanese Government
– Gallery 1 is updated with photos of President Chehab at the Military Academy in 1923 and with Riad El Solh in 1949
– Gallery 2 is updated with photos with ministers Raymond Eddé and Pierre Gemayel
– Gallery 4 is updated with photos from his funeral
– 25 April 2011 – On his death anniversary a mass is held in his memory and a wreath of flowers is offered at his grave: Photo 1 – Photo 2 – Photo 3
– Gallery 4 is updated with a portrait painted by an Italian artist
– Gallery 5 is updated with photos of his personal office and decorations, and the Fouad Chehab Sports Stadium
– Added to the Foundation page: election of a new administrative committee for 3 years
– Added to the In the Press page: Article by Abd El Hamid El Ahdab on President Chehab and Raymond Eddé – An Nahar, 21 November 2007 (includes what Raymond Eddé said about President Chehab one week before he passed away in Paris, in May 2000)